Thursday, June 22, 2017

Day Dream Carnival Opening!

Hi friends! <3

Today feels like a dream come true...
Got an extra special opening to share with you...
I finally got my *top* wishlist dream dress in the cut and color I had been wanting.
The matching headbow was included too! <3

When I first saw this print, I wanted it in black. It reminded me of Sugary Carnival from back when I was first starting out in lolita. But I realized that I tended to wear pastels more than dark colors and decided to get lavender instead. One of my friends had it in lavender and I would admire it whenever they wore it to meet-ups. Then, I thought maybe sax would be nice. I hadn't seen too many in that color and it seemed more unique than the lavender. But that color was difficult to find. What's strange is ivory had been my least favorite color all along. I was worried I would spill something on it and leave an ugly stain on the light colored background thereby ruining it forever. Although I'm usually very careful when I'm wearing lolita. One day, I saw someone wearing the ivory one in a coord and I was like wow! Ivory was not the main color as I had thought, but rather it was combined with equal parts pink. Encouraged, I started looking around for a set at a decent price. It took some time, but now I finally have it.


Stock Pics


Angelic Pretty: Day Dream Carnival Headbow (ivory)


Angelic Pretty: Day Dream Carnival Tiered Jsk (ivory)

**********************************************************

The package...


Opening it up...




Inside...




Headbow (wrapped)...


Unwrapped...


Front and back views...




Jsk (folded; front and back views)...




Unfolded (front and back views)...




Hanging up (front and back views)...


Bodice details...


Print details...


Try-on pic...


Both together! <3



Thoughts:


I love it! <3 The headbow has golden edging, two rows of fake pearls in the middle, and a little golden star charm on one corner of the bow. The jsk is very comfy due to the full back shirring and has a built-in petticoat to give extra poof. The overskirt has cute pink bows with additional fake pearls and is removable along with the waist ties. There are pockets too. It has star lace trim that goes along the top of the border print with additional carousel pony lace trim along the bottom edge. The print is like gorgeous artwork; done in pastels with metallic gold details throughout. I'm looking forward to creating a coord so I can wear it sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment