Saturday, February 2, 2019

Sailor Jsk Opening!

Hi friends! <3

Got another semi-impulse purchase to open up...


Stock Pic

Bodyline: Sailor Jsk Costume839 (green)


**********************************************************

The package...


Inside...

Unfolding it...


Wrapped (front and back views)...
 


Unwrapped (front and back views)...
 


Hanging up (front and back views)…
 


Bodice details...


Small marks/stains...?



Try-on pic...



Thoughts:

I never thought I would buy another Bodyline dress since selling off all the Bodyline skirts and dresses in my wardrobe. They were great and inexpensive pieces for me when I first started out in lolita. However, the quality was not the best. Over the years, I acquired more and more brand dresses. Which is what I tend to wear most of the time now.

I had saw this dress for sale online once before, thought it was cute, but passed on it since it was way too small for me. I checked lolibrary and saw that even the biggest size it came in would still not fit me. I gave up on it and continued browsing the sales. A while later, I saw it come up for sale again in a bigger size than had been listed on lolibrary. According to the measurements, it would fit me. I ended up going for it since I did not know if I would see it again anytime soon. 

The quality is surprisingly good. It has neatly done stitching, partial back shirring with ribbon lacing, and a side zip. The fabric is nice as well. I would say it is of a medium thickness that doesn't feel super cheap or look shiny. I did notice a few small marks/stains on the underside of the sailor collar. It will hopefully come out with a little bit of soap and water on a damp washcloth. The little bow on the front is detachable. I was unsure about the two rows of buttons, but it looks fine. The skirt portion even has room underneath for a nice poofy petti!

Along with it being a cute jsk, I also bought this with the intention of wearing it to an upcoming special event (Sailor Moon Super Live in NYC). I'm thinking of doing a Sailor Jupiter inspired coord with it. I could put my hair up in a ponytail and wear my rose earrings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment