Saturday, May 25, 2019

Anime North: Day 0, 1, 2!

Hi friends! <3

I went to Anime North again with the boyfriend, as well as a couple of friends this time.

****************************************************************************

Day 0 (Thursday)

Finished packing, loaded up the car, and went to pick up our friends. Got to the hotel a little early and checked in. Brought all our stuff up to the room and had some chill time. Then we walked over to the convention center to pick up badges. Since it was still fairly early, we stopped to have a nice meal at a Japanese restaurant. They were doing an all-you-can-eat special with a variety of items you could order off a menu. The menu was on an electronic device which showed pictures of different foods, gave a description, along with an ingredients list, and said how many pieces it had. You could get soups, appetizers, entrées, dessert, etc. Everyone ordered what they wanted and shared some other dishes. It was fun trying out new things like sushi with fried egg, a sushi pizza,  and red bean ice cream. My favorites were the tempura shrimp and green tea ice cream. Everything was super delicious and quite filling. 




After that, we went to get in line for badge pick-up. There was a lot of people, but the staff kept the lines orderly. Once inside the building, I could see many  tables set up for the would-be vendors area. It looked so strange and empty.


Despite the long line, it moved quickly and we were in and out in no time.


With no other events going on, we went back to the hotel room to rest up/prepare for tomorrow. I looked over the schedule and decided which panels I wanted to go to.



Day 1 (Friday)

Got up, dressed, and had brunch at a café place near the hotel.


Came back and put on my coord. I was excited to start browsing the dealer's and vendor's rooms. I wandered around briefly and went to the Lovely Lor Q & A panel. I love watching her videos on YouTube. She was so sweet and friendly. She even brought her friend Holly too. 


Lor let the audience ask questions and did her best to answer them. She even shared some fun stories. We could also chat more and take pictures with her after. I was so excited to meet one of my favorite YouTubers in person! I gave her a small gift and asked for a picture. I liked the clown inspired makeup she wore with her coord. It was quirky and had pastel colors.


Then, I hurried to meet my friends/get in line for the flea market. I had a few good finds. Most of my time was spent trying to see what was on the different tables while avoiding being crushed/overwhelmed by the large crowd. I was exhausted at the end of it all and had a nice cool drink to relax.



I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel room. I changed into comfy clothes and soaked my feet in the hot tub.

***

Wore a sweet coord in pink x yellow x white.

Headbow, jsk~ Angelic Pretty "Dream Fantasy"
Otks~ Angelic Pretty "Shyness Bear"
Ring~ Angelic Pretty "Milky Candy"
Necklace~ BB and B "Double Stacked Decadence Ice Cream"
Hair clip (lollipop)~ Chocomint
Hair clip (crescent moon)~ Twylite
Earrings~ Peppermint Puff
Ring~ Automatic Honey "Mermaid Treasure"
Shoes~ Bodyline
Blouse, pin~ vintage/thrifted
Bracelets~ offbrand


Makeup and details pic...



Day 2 (Saturday)

I decided against wearing lolita again due to the craziness of yesterday. Wore cute and comfy clothes instead. I went to the fashion show and got in line early to get a good seat. There were no big name brands this time, but many smaller indie type ones. It ranged from traditional kimonos, to casual street wear, and lolita.



These were some of my favorites...







Then I got down to some serious shopping. How cute are these Pokémon plushies?


Despite many appealing things, I only ended up with a small amount of purchases. All of which I intend on wearing with lolita. I enjoyed walking around, taking my time looking at all the different items available. I loved seeing all the beautiful artwork and craft items. It made me feel inspired to get back to my own craft projects.


I also went to the second Lovely Lor Q & A panel. She answered more questions from the audience and showed a new unaired video that would be posted to her YouTube channel later.



She also brought Rilakuma with her! I just had to get another pic :-)



Then, off to some panels on dressing in lolita for different body types, intro to wearing ouji fashion, and a lolita version of family feud. This print or fake warm-up/mini game was really fun. Things got kind of silly later in the family feud game, with questions such as name something you have considered putting on your head to wear with a coord. Answers ranged from 'more bows' to 'an entire cake'!


Once the panel concluded, and since it was so late already, we just had a quick bite to eat before going back to the hotel. I had some of the Japanese style street food from a booth downstairs that was still open- a salmon rice ball,  chicken meatballs with a teriyaki sauce, and 'dragon balls' (which was some sort of mini round baked good with walnuts and red bean filling).


I had never eaten a rice ball before, so this was my first time having one. It was a bit difficult to unwrap, but very delicious to eat!


Finally, once we were back in the room, I put my pjs on and fell asleep. Tomorrow was going to be another busy day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment