Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Honey Cake MTO Opening!

Hi friends! <3

Angelic Pretty had a made-to-order for an older print and after some thought, I dived in.


Stock Pics

Angelic Pretty: Honey Cake Head Bow (ivory), Honey Cake Shoulder Bag, Honey Bear Ring, Honey Bear Necklace, Honey Cake Round Jsk (ivory)


******************************************************

The package...


Opening it up...




Inside...


Starting with the headbow...




Unwrapped (front and back views)...




Then the bag...


Unwrapped (front and back views)...




Opening it up...


Inside...


The strap...




Details...


Next, the jewelry...


Unwrapping it...


Laid out nicely...


Details...


And finally the dress...


Unwrapping it...




Unfolded (front and back views)...




Hanging up (front and back views)...




Bodice details...


Print and trim details...


All together... <3


Try-on pic...



Thoughts:

I was excited when the mto was announced, as I really wanted the mint version in the other jsk cut along with the headbow and maybe the jewelry or bag.  Sadly, mint was not an option. Just ivory or yellow. I went with ivory and got the jewelry *and* the bag. I figured if I didn't like something I could always sell it. I ended up really liking the ivory, but will continue to look for the mint version. For this mto, the fabric was changed from cotton to a polyester blend. It feels soft and is light-weight. The print is nice and clear. I think the ivory will be more versatile as I can wear it in a classic or sweet way. The bag looks like a giant box of pancake mix; how clever. It has a large back pocket and is very roomy inside. The bag itself fastens shut with a magnetic snap. The strap is adjustable with a heart shaped buckle. The jewelry is super adorable and made of a thick plastic. I noticed that the "C" from the word "Clover" on the ring looks kinda worn off or something. Not sure if it's a factory defect or maybe the shopping service accidentally rubbed it off while packaging everything up.

And yes, I did use a shopping service for this as it was a LaForet store only event. I didn't know if the US would have one too as sometimes these things are very limited. (It did end up getting announced for AP USA and Paris I think a few days later.) Since everyone would be using the commonly known shopping services, I thought it would be good to go with a lesser known one. I used the one my boyfriend uses called Bridge. They do orders, pickups, etc for toys and other items/merchandise. Bridge kept me well-informed and updated along the way. They did remove the price tags while I would have preferred them left on. I'm not sure if it's standard practice or what. Not a huge deal I suppose. Everything was packed carefully and arrived in great condition.


Order Timeline

6/3/19 MTO announced in Lolita Updates fb group,  start debating whether to get it or not,  consider shopping service cost

6/4/19 Contact shopping service to inquire about cost/fees

6/5/19 Review cost/fees with shopping service

6/6/19 Confirm yes want order placed, shopping service sends invoice

6/7/19 Invoice paid, receive confirmation that order has been placed at store, advised estimated arrival in store is December

12/27/19 Shopping service advises can save money by having items shipped to them instead of making the trip in person, sounds good

1/6/20 Shopping service notifies items received and correct, gives shipping estimate to US

1/9/20 Shipping method confirmed, invoice received, and paid

1/10/20 Shopping service notifies items shipped out, provides tracking number

1/14/20 Arrived

No comments:

Post a Comment