Sunday, May 27, 2018

Anime North: Day 3!

Hi friends! <3

Today was both a sad and exciting day for me. It was the last day of the con but also the day of the big lolita tea party. I got up early to put my coord on and packed up my stuff. Then I went over to the hotel site where the event was to take place. Since there was plenty of time before the tea party started, I decided to attend one more panel. It was about tarot cards and their various meanings. It was interesting.


Afterwards, I got in line for the tea party. There was a bunch of people already in line even though it was not supposed to start for another hour. To distract myself from the wait, I checked out what everyone else was wearing. Some coords were very OTT and detailed while others featured themed props and handmade headdresses. So beautiful <3

Once the doors opened, we were let in. The room was large with a row of tables at the front (for the guests), round tables in the middle (for attendees), and a buffet style food area set-up in the back. Seating was not assigned so you could sit wherever you wanted. I joined a random table and saw this on my place setting...


There was also a lolita themed bingo card which the staff invited us to start with so I did. It was fun to chat with other lolitas and learn more about them. Also, completed bingo cards went into a drawing for raffle prizes. 


Once I completed my card, I checked out the food. Cute little finger sandwiches (egg salad, chicken salad, cucumber/cream cheese, salami/cheese) and a couple veggies...


A beverage station with coffee and different teas you could choose from...


Blueberry and cranberry scones...


And mini fruit tarts.


Tables were called up to get their food a few at a time. The food portions were limited, but later on (once everyone got their allotted share) you could go back for more. Which I did because those sandwiches were gone in like two bites. Very yummy :-)


My earl gray tea was delicious too :-)


Then it was time for the raffle prizes. Prizes had been donated by vendors and guests that had booths at the con.




The guests (Chisa from Angelic Pretty, Minori, and a kimono designer) gave speeches. Chisa and Minori also got to pick their favorite coords from the attendees for special recognition/prizes. I was mildly disappointed that I didn't win any of the raffle items or special prizes. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they announced everyone would be getting a goody bag from Angelic Pretty just for attending the tea party. 


Opening it up...


Adorable washi (decorative stationary) tape featuring the prints Diner Doll and Suya Suya (Peaceful Sleeping) Toys <3


And a postcard featuring the print Jewelry Snow <3


Then the guests got to chat and mingle with us attendees. I got another selfie with Minori <3


And Chisa too! <3



I had a great time at this con overall and would love to go back again next year!

**********************************************************

Wore a sweet coord in brown x ivory x gold.

Headbow, jsk~ Angelic Pretty "Chocolate Rosette" Special Set
Wrist cuffs~ Angelic Pretty "Noble"
Ring~ Angelic Pretty "Tiara Chocolate"
Otks~ AATP "Merry Making in the Ghost Town"
Shoes~ Bodyline
Necklace, other ring~ Sweet Poison Cupcake
Blouse, earrings~ vintage/thrifted


Makeup and details pic...

No comments:

Post a Comment