Monday, October 29, 2018

Trying Out Ouji!

Hi friends! <3

While I was at the meet-up yesterday, there was a movie playing in the background with aristocrat vampires. It reminded me of a certain jacket I had picked up at a thrift store a few months ago. Feeling inspired, I thought I would try creating an ouji type coord.

I used mainly items I had on hand. My hair was tied in a low ponytail with a few strands left loose on the front sides. Makeup was kept simple with no blush. I think it turned out alright, but feel something is missing. It seems a little too plain. My friend suggested maybe a pin on the jabot. I agree, it needs some sort of jewelry like a pin or waist chain.

I wore this to work and found it fairly comfortable. The hair strands were very annoying though. They kept falling over my glasses lens and getting caught in the side hinges. I ended up tucking the strands behind my ears after awhile. 

I enjoyed trying out something different and may do it again sometime.


Blouse with jabot, jacket~ vintage/thrifted
Pants, shoes~ offbrand/thrifted
 

Makeup and details pic...


What do you think? Have you tried ouji style before? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment