Saturday, October 20, 2018

Witch Academy Jsk Opening!

Hi friends! <3

I had heard that Automatic Honey was doing a collaboration with another lolita brand. When I saw the preview pics for this jsk I just knew I had to get it. Fortunately, I had recently sold off a dress and had the funds available to take part in the pre-order. A cat print dress was also on my wishlist. I thought it would be purr-fect for the upcoming spooky season as well.


Stock Pics

Royal Princess Alice x Automatic Honey: Witch Academy Jsk (lavender)

Print details


**********************************************************

The package...


Opening it up...


Inside...


Invoice with a sweet note...


All wrapped up...


Unwrapping it...


Front and back views (laying flat)…



Front and back views (hanging up)…
 



Bodice details...


Print and trim details...


Try-on pic...


Together with the matching ring... <3



Thoughts:


I really like the print! The cats are so cute. One is white with angel wings while the other is black with horns and bat wings. Other details include an acceptance letter, magic wands, candles, roses, bows, bats, moons, and stars. There is even the phrase "The Witch Academy school for the magically gifted" hidden among the vertical stripes. Very nice.

The bat wing collar is made of a nice thick cotton type fabric. It has a little removable bow. The printed fabric is light-weight and of good quality. It is fully lined. The lace is semi-soft and of decent quality. Side seams are done neatly with the print matched up. The straps are of a good length so the bodice sits right where it's supposed to. There is full back shirring. The fit is great in the bust with room for larger sizes. It is very comfortable to wear. There is also loops and a waist tie/belt made of nice thick grosgrain ribbon. It is somewhat awkward to tie though. I may just remove it when I wear the dress. I was pleased to find out that it is a bit longer as well, which is great as I'm on the taller side.

I was somewhat disappointed by the color though. I was expecting more of a warmer/brighter lavender. This is more of a cooler blue-grey, or periwinkle. I had already pre-planned a coord using the stock pic, but after seeing the difference in color, it will have to be re-done. Maybe I'll try using more black instead of lavender.

This dress was only available through the Harajuku Hearts website. It was fairly easy to create an account and order it. Below you can find a timeline of the process in case you are curious about it. I would definitely order through them again! There were also matching accessories available, but that would have delayed my dress arriving (from October to December), so I passed on that. I might try to obtain the matching headbow sometime later if I see it for sale, but if not no worries. I have other head accessories that will work with it. I'm looking forward to wearing it to an upcoming Halloween meet-up.

July 25th~ Pre-order opens
August 31st~ Order placed and paid for
Mid October~ Estimated delivery
October 20th~ Arrived

No comments:

Post a Comment